Election Day—Tuesday November 8, 2016—is fast approaching with much discussion here in Cache County, Utah on whether to vote for/against Proposition 11 to create a Cache Water District. Below is a compilation of information I’ve so far seen representing various viewpoints for, against, and in between. Information is grouped by info the County released, related documents, analysis, media coverage, upcoming events, and select letters to the editor. The listing excludes redundant postings and preferences more recently published items. You can also find my own take here: “Yes for Cache Water District, Water Conservation, and more Holistic Management“.
Additional items to add? Email a link and I will continue to update.
Cache County Published Information
- Cache Water Master Plan, Cache County and J-U-B Engineers – August, 2013
- Proposed Bylaws, Bridgerland Water Conservancy Group – May 11, 2016
- Voter Information Guide — October, 2016
- Bear River Development Act, Title 73, Chapter 26, Utah Code – 1992
- Water Conservancy District Act, Title 17B, Chapter 2a, Part 10 – 2013
- Cache Water District:Risks and Opportunities, Lisa Welsh and Joanna Endter-Wada, Department of Environment and Society, Utah State University – October 20, 2016
- Cache County legislators organize town hall for Cache Water District ahead of election, Harold Journal – October 27, 2016.
- Utah Rivers Council fights proposed Cache Water District at USU seminar, Harold Journal – October 5, 2016.
- Bear River Blues, Salt Lake City Weekly – Sept. 7, 2016
- Panel Debate – Friday October 28, 2016. 7 – 9 PM. Logan City Council Chambers. Current panelists will be:
- Dave Rayfield, Eagle Insurance agent and president of the Bear River Land Conservancy
- Shaun Dustin, Nibley Mayor
- Brett Roper, USU Adjunct Assistant Prof., Watershed Sciences
- Zach Frankel, Utah Rivers Council
- Green Drinks and socializing to discuss the Cache Water District, Tuesday Oct 25, 2016, 4:30 – 6 PM. Logan Country Club (710 N 1500 E, Logan, UT)
Select Letters to the Editor
- Water district view: Elected board not certain – John Keith – Harold Journal. October 22, 2016.
- Water district view: A risk, but one worth taking – Bryan Dixon – Harold Journal. October 22, 2016.
- Water district view: Time to plan for the future – Morris Poole – Harold Journal. October 22, 2016.
Please email with a URL and brief overview.